For some, the idea of participating in group therapy might seem intimidating. But more often than not, participants find that hearing from others with similar issues helps them to see they’re not alone.
Whether you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, or another mental health issue, group therapy may be an excellent supplement or alternative to one-on-one counseling. Contact Capital Counseling, and speak to one of our professional counselors to see if group therapy is right for you.
Participants in any therapy group are required to speak to the intake team or their Capital Counseling therapist to assure that group therapy is clinically appropriate. You may call us to discuss group participation and schedule.
- Groups are typically from 8 to 12 individuals
- May be either open-ended (continuously running), or close-ended (for a specific period of time and number of sessions).
- Some insurances are accepted as noted in the group description. There is a self-pay option of $35 per group.
- Because group sizes are limited, weekly participation is expected when you enroll.
- For more information call (518) 462-6531 or contact us online
Anxiety Coping Skills Group
Learn to cope more effectively with anxiety using cognitive behavioral relaxation and mindfulness skills.
This is a ten week long closed counseling group designed to help those who struggle with anxiety. Members will be introduced to several skills which they will practice in group and through weekly homework tasks in order to develop the ability to keep anxiety in check. As a result of participation in this group members will have less interference from anxiety in their personal and work lives.