NUTRITION AND DIETARY THERAPY AND CLINICAL NUTRITION CONSULTATIONS
Whether you are looking to completely change your diet, manage a medical condition, make more informed food choices or get inspiration for new, healthy recipes, there are many benefits to be gained by working with a professional Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Only a registered dietitian (RD) or registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) has completed the multiple layers of education and training established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. At Capital Counseling, you are assured of the highest level of nutrition counseling.
HOW A REGISTERED DIETITIAN CAN HELP
Assist with chronic medical conditions
In the management of diseases like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes or cancer, it is important to adhere to specific diet and nutritional guidelines. Our RD/RDN has the experience to assist in developing an appropriate plan.
Complement to counseling for eating disorders
The American Dietetic Association says nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian is an “essential component” of successful care for people diagnosed with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and other eating disorders.
Weight loss or moderation
Our registered dietitian nutritionist will partner with you to develop a safe, targeted and effective weight loss plan and assist you with staying on that plan.
OTHER WAYS WE CAN HELP
- Individually customized health and fitness goals
- Navigating food allergies, dietary sensitivities and intolerances
- Greater understanding food labels so you’ll know which ingredients to avoid
- Prevent and treat illnesses or increase a person’s health by recommending certain foods or diets
- Information on dietary supplements
- Motivation to stay on your plan
- Medical nutrition therapy or clinical nutrition consultations in either an individual or group setting
ABOUT COUNSELING AND ASSESSMENTS
- Initial assessments are typically 1-hour. Follow up visits are in 15-minute increments
- Standard rates are $75 for a one-hour consultation.