For some, the idea of participating in group therapy might seem intimidating. But more often than not, participants find that hearing from others with similar issues helps them to see they’re not alone.
Whether you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, or another mental health issue, group therapy may be an excellent supplement or alternative to one-on-one counseling. Contact Capital Counseling, and speak to one of our professional counselors to see if group therapy is right for you.
Participants in any therapy group are required to speak to the intake team or their Capital Counseling therapist to assure that group therapy is clinically appropriate. You may call us to discuss group participation and schedule.
- Groups are typically from 8 to 12 individuals
- May be either open-ended (continuously running), or close-ended (for a specific period of time and number of sessions).
- Some insurances are accepted if noted in the group description. Each group has a self pay option as well.
- Because group sizes are limited, weekly participation is expected when you enroll.
- For more information call (518) 462-6531 or contact us online
Anger Management Skills Class
Anger is a feeling or emotion that can range from mild irritation to intense fury and rage. Many people confuse anger with aggression. Aggression is behavior that is intended to cause harm or injury to another person or damage to property. Hostility on the other hand, refers to a set of attitudes and judgments that motivate aggressive behaviors.
The purpose of this group is to learn to manage anger effectively. Participants will learn to stop violence or the threat of violence, develop self- control over thoughts and actions, and receive support from others working to achieve these objectives.