Seeking an EAP Counselor
Capital Counseling has an immediate opening for the right professional counselor to fill a unique position at our agency as a per diem EAP counselor.
Capital EAP is the largest regional Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider in upstate NY. A program of Capital Counseling, the program is known for its focus on customer engagement, education and exceptional personal service.
If you are ready for an exciting new opportunity, and wish to apply your experience and creativity in a growing organization that is focused on being the best, you should contact us.
The right candidate will provide counseling in the EAP program across a rich and dynamic clinical environment that combines direct client counseling, web and tele-counseling, group support and mental health training and awareness.
Appropriate candidates will have a minimum of a Master’s degree, broad credentials including Psychologist, Social Worker, or Mental Health Counselor, and experience working with an employee assistance program. NYS Licensing is not required but is preferable.
Responsibilities include individual, family, child and group therapy. The capacity to complete therapeutic assessments; develop, update and review treatment plans, and implement therapeutic treatment modalities in a culturally competent and compassionate manner is vital. Knowledge of EAP services is essential. The preferred candidate will be competent in management consultation and professional training in a business environment. Familiarity with regional behavioral healthcare providers is essential. Experience working with groups, providing support following traumatic events, and working in multiple office and customer locations is required.
Why Capital Counseling
- Competitive salary
- Agency-provided administrative support for client management, charting, scheduling and appointment confirmation
- Agency-provided office in a modern facility across five Capital Region locations
- Agency-provided liability insurance coverage
- Relaxed working environment
- A passion for helping others, and exceeding the expectations of EAP customers, clients, and colleagues
- Provide culturally competent counseling services to clients both in-person, and through phone and/or web-video appointments if requested
- Accurately assess client needs and strengths, develop treatment plans and document client contacts in an electronic medical records system
- Provide for safety and confidentiality of clients and staff
- Provide clinical review, managerial oversight and guidance to a team of junior counselors
- Provide some on-call crisis phone counseling when necessary
- Provide on-site (customer) group and individual counseling following a traumatic event
- Maintain and continually improve our list and our relationship with regional behavioral healthcare providers
- Participate in monthly agency clinical and staff meetings, and any required training
- Provide counseling services in multiple agency-office locations dependent on scheduling
- Creativity, commitment and a willingness to function as an active member of a professional team
- Medical, master’s degree or doctorate from an accredited university
- Knowledge of and skills related to individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy and couples therapy
- Prior experience working with or for an employee assistance program
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- State of New York – Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) —Licensed Mental Health Counselor-(LMHC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist — (LMFT)
- Certified Life Coach
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) designation
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) certification
- Department of Transportation (DOT) qualified drug and alcohol screening and assessment certification
Interested candidates should respond to this post with a cover letter and résumé, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified individuals will be contacted. EOE/M/F/D/V